Monday, February 11, 2008

Hatesope

Hatesope disliked to take his bath so much that once he told Ethel he would strike her with his
bat, if she got any soap in his eyes. I think he didn't really mean it, but he thought it was funny to say it. But he put off his bath as long as he could, and always made a shocking fuss over it. It always took him a long time to undress and place his clothes on a chair, hoping that Ethel would let him off from his washing.
He is in the tub now, and is screaming that he is cold and that there is soap in his eyes, and everything else he can think of. It is Elostum's turn next, and he loves to take a bath, so he is all ready. He has taken his coat off, and come into the bathroom in his trousers, and is laughing at Hatesope. Gablia is talking as usual, waiting for her turn to come!
Ethel is hurrying as fast as she can, because she is going to the theatre with Mr. Jack, and she is saying "if you'd only not squirm, Hatesope, it would be over more quickly!"
Gablia is saying, "I'm going to bring in my little ducks and fishes, and put them in the water with me, and I hope it will take Ethel four hours to wash me!"
Elostum is saying, "Hatesope ought to eat a whole cake of soap to keep him from crying! Hatesoap why do you yell so?
Are you a Goop?"

How Hale and Happy Hatesoap Seemed!

He never Naggled, he seldomed Screamed;

His company was Quite a Treat

To all the Children on the Street;

But Nurse has told me of his Wrath

When he was Asked to Take a Bath!

(This Goop is called Hatesoap because he hates soap and dislikes to be washed)

1 comment:

Justine said...

Lisa,
Seen you on Simcha's site and I'm poking around yours. I LOVE THE GOOPS! They were a childhood staple. Thanks for the flashback!